Incorporated in December 2010, ThermaPrime Drilling Corporation (ThermaPrime) is a Philippine-based drilling company engaged in geothermal well drilling services.
Staffed by many of the same people who comprised the original PNOC-EDC drilling team, ThermaPrime boasts of a drilling workforce composed of highly-skilled and well-trained engineers with combined average experience of more than 20 years.
Our crew has drilled most of the exploration, development, and maintenance and replacement wells in the Philippines. Having a record reaching as deep as 4,500 meters for oil & gas, and more than 1,000 vertical and directional geothermal and oil and gas drilled and worked over, we continue to provide these much-needed services better than ever.
A company rooted in experience, excellence, and expertise
- 1976 PNOC – Energy Drilling Inc. (PNOC-EDI), a subsidiary of the government-owned Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC), started operations. It was designed to execute and support the country’s need for deep well drilling for oil & gas and geothermal.
- 1976 The geothermal development mandate was transferred from the National Power Corporation (NPC) to PNOC – Energy Development Corporation (PNOC-EDC).
- 1983 PNOC-EDC absorbed PNOC-EDI and became PNOC-EDC – Energy Drilling Division (PNOC-EDD). All drilling personnel as well as 11 deep drilling rigs were included in the transfer
- 2007 After previous partial auctions, the Lopez Group-led Red Vulcan Holdings Corporation acquired the remaining 60% of PNOC-EDC.
- 2011 ThermaPrime Well Services, Inc. (TPWSI) was organized as an independent drilling contractor. Many skilled and experienced members of the Drilling and Well Engineering personnel of PNOC-EDC became part of this new business.
- 2015 TPWSI was renamed ThermaPrime Drilling Corporation (ThermaPrime). ThermaPrime is exploring opportunities to expand its operations in the Philippines and abroad.